The following incidents were recently reported to the Kennedale Police Department.
01/20 – Theft $2,500 top $30,000 – 400 block of Glenbrook Drive: At 4:39 a.m. officers responded to a reported stolen vehicle. The owner stated that the vehicle had been stolen from his driveway at 4:15 a.m. and that the key had been left in the unsecured vehicle. The 2015 Honda was valued at $24,000.00.
01/20 – Burglary – 1400 block of Derby Drive: At 7:57 a.m. a victim reported that his vehicle and garage had been burglarized during the overnight hours. Security video showed a male walking into the driveway at 1:28 a.m. The male was followed by a trailing vehicle in the street. The suspect opened the two unlocked vehicles in the driveway and removed a wallet with credit cards and three pair of earphones. The suspect then used the garage door opener in one of the vehicles to open the door and enter the garage. A computer and tools valued at $2,410.00 were removed.
To circumvent burglaries such as these, please consider the following options:
1. If at all possible, park your vehicles within your garage.
2. Never leave a vehicle unlocked no matter where it is parked or what is going on.
3. Never leave your keys in the ignition.
4. If your vehicles cannot be placed in the garage, then park them on your driveway.
5. Consider installing motion detector lights and security cameras on your front perimeter.